On Monday, the spring semester begins. There have been so many changes in the last month. I am working on creating more in depth activities for my students. I will keep you posted!
Hello! I am not sure of why I am even attempting to start a blog! It's not like I have so much spare time in my life. Let me introduce myself. This is my 13th year of teaching. I haven't always been a math teacher. In fact, I started my collegiate journey as wanting to become a speech -language pathologist (SLP). After taking a few educational course I became interested in doing a double major, one in speech-language and the other in special education. The licensing law for teacher was changing in my home state. So, I switched majors to Special Education. I was a special education teacher for seven years. Of the seven years, I spent six years working with students in grades 7-12 and one year working students in Pre-K to second-grade. The paper work was getting to me. I thought back to one my professors stating in class saying, "The burn out rate for a special education teacher is a minimum of five years." I made it till seven! I kept pra...
In our fast-paced world, where productivity is often equated with worth, finding the space to do nothing can feel like a radical act. Yet, allowing ourselves to be idle is not only a necessity for mental and physical well-being but also an essential practice for creativity and personal growth. It’s time to reclaim the art of doing nothing and embrace idleness without guilt. 1. The Power of Pause In the relentless rush of daily life, we frequently overlook the power of pausing. Whether it’s taking a few moments to simply breathe or allowing ourselves to drift in thought, these pauses can be incredibly restorative. Scientific studies have shown that periods of idleness help to reduce stress and improve overall mental health. They allow our minds to process and integrate experiences, leading to clearer thinking and enhanced emotional resilience. 2. Creativity Flourishes in Stillness Contrary to popular belief, creativity doesn’t always come from a whirlwind of a...
My Journey in Teaching: From Special Education to Math and Science Hello! I’m not quite sure why I’m even attempting to start a blog. It’s not like I have so much spare time in my life. However, I feel that sharing my journey might resonate with some of you and maybe even provide a bit of inspiration. Let me introduce myself and tell you about my career in education. Early Beginnings: A Shift in Focus I started teaching during the 2001-2002 school year, but my path to becoming an educator wasn’t straightforward. Initially, I aimed to become a speech-language pathologist (SLP). My collegiate journey began with a focus on speech-language pathology, but after taking a few educational courses, I became interested in doing a double major—one in speech-language pathology and the other in special education. Embracing Special Education During my studies, the licensing law for teachers was changing in my home state, prompting me to switch majors to Special Education. I spent seven years as a sp...
Comments
Post a Comment